Since going non-dairy while breastfeeding, I've recieved some great wholesome recipes from friends. Becca Redinger was wonderful enough to share this lentil & sweet potato recipe she'd made up with me, and came over help me cook it! Book club agrees this one's a healthy hit:
Ingredients:

1.5 c. Quinoa
1 c. Red Lentils
2 c. Green Lentils
3 Sweet Potatoes cut to 1" cubes
1 Onion chopped
Handfull Raisins
Parsley (fresh or tube)
Dash of Lemon Juice
Cinnamon, Salt, Pepper to taste
Boil about 6 cups water, add quinoa and lentils and cook about 15 minutes. Until lentils begin to fall apart. In a separate pan, saute onion in olive oil 5 min. - set aside - then saute sweet potato in olive oil for up to 20 min. until soft, add water to pan to steam a bit. Combine all cooked ingredients into a large soup pot. Add parsley, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. Serves about 8.
2 comments:
I'm famous!
Yes Becca you are!! Get that cook book going and I'll buy a bunch for myself and family!
Post a Comment