Notes on my new site

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Series of Fortunate Events

Since my last post of precious Seth and David, we've been taken through a series of very fortunate events. Funny, that they have nothing to do with 'fortune'...

Just last Wednesday, after much discussion with real estate attorneys and respected friends, Tripp decided that we'd payed our last mortgage payment on the condo. Our property was 1/3 it's value and abandoned by management for the foreseeable future. We could not continue to 'stick it out' with our family's safety and financials at risk. Foreclosure, here we come.

Closing on our condo - 11/2008


Immediately, I spotted a 3 bedroom apartment 2 miles south of our hood and made an appointment. Dear friend Clair and baby Seth and I and David strolled to see the apartment and after a walk through I was sold. It's a vintage 3 flat and the entire 2nd floor will be our headquarters. They had me at 'renovated bathroom'.  We'll be saying goodbye to in unit washer/dryer and dishwasher, but as long as Tripp steps in to take on those responsibilities - I can cope! The neighborhood is safe, strollable and more near to friends as well as church. I feel so grateful to have this new start, this move represents so much more than a relocation.
 
So begins the series of fortunate events...

Monday, 5/16 - 9am, I received a call from the landlord that we could sign a lease that evening.

Monday, 5/16 - 11:30am, Tripp received a call from Stericycle that he would be starting his new job as 'strategic sourcing analyst' on June 6th.

Monday, 5/16 - 12:00pm, I received a call from my boss that our landlord had called her to verify employment. She was confused because she knew we owned. She had called to see if we were okay (I had taken a personal day that day). I shared our moving news and she asked if I needed a leave of absence. I had already planned to resign and freelance for them after we were settled. So, we worked out a freelance agreement and that I would no longer be on staff.

Looking back, we absolutely regret the decision to purchase this home. Looking forward, we could not be more hopeful. This is our series of fortunate events. At the same time, it's my hope that had the last two fortunate events not take place, that we would be just as hopeful in Jesus.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay!

Grants said...

Thanks Becca! Looking forward to joining your hood!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the foreclosure, but glad to other pieces are falling into place for you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...