Among the Do's are uploading photos from David's birthday party. I will get right on that as soon as I can locate the camera. The party was so much fun, despite the rain that crept in after 30 min. of pool time. Our car was so loaded with all the wonderful gifts from friends and family that truly, I have no idea where our camera ended up. We'll be retuning to Naperville this weekend for Brock and Lindsay's goodbye party : ( soooo sad. They will be moving to Pasadena, CA to apply themselves in the utmost intensity of career and study. Lindsay will be working for Price Waterhouse Cooper, the Accounting Firm, and Brock will be studying Engineering through to PHD at Cal Tech. I love those smartie pants.
In reflection... this summer is really the last of it's kind. I've had my dearest of friends and family near this summer. Next Summer, we'll be without our buds the McCrearys & Lees, not to mention the Herzogs who we'd give anything to have a whole summer with! There are so many more buds who have moved on, I started to list them here and it was just too many : ) All the same, the Lord has been so faithful to provide us friendships that we couldn't have designed ourselves. Now, its just a matter of taking a second look at who the Lord has put in our lives here and now... and begging them to hang out with us! Watch out Chastains and 1234 Arthur/Loyola Girls! Ooh, root group will be starting soon - yay Naomi! Haha.Since we're well aware of the challenge of moving to a new place without buds (Taiwan 06-07), we'll pray specifically that connections are made and kindred spirits are found for all you movers.
Multiple times a week I have the pleasure of joining Clair and Kelly, who also have young babies, on walks around our neighborhood. The photo for this entry is from one of our outings to the 'shady park' on Albion at the Lake. I tried my hand at manually editing this photo like all those pretty wedding photos you see now adays with blurred backgrounds and great color. A skill in progress that's for sure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment