![]() |
| Truly, isn't this home just beautiful?! I took the photo to try to remember that brown and red can go together and still be timeless and classic. |
Last Friday, David and I walked to the Linden EL station in Wilmette from having breakfast with Tripp at Walker Bro.'s Original Pancake House. That morning brought the first sight of snowflakes of the season and a whole lot of reflection. As I passed one gorgeous Wilmette home after another I thought of all the families and their stories behind those doors. Beyond the street where we were walking, I saw the Bahai temple dome towering above the trees. Such beautiful homes, such a beautiful temple - neither holding any eternal worth. As a matter of fact, that brilliantly white dome may as well be the gates of Hades. Such earthly beauty, which I praise the Lord that he's given us to enjoy, yet when the refining fire comes, it will all pass away. Thinking on time, things passing, I look down and see what could be an eternal gem in my phil and ted's stroller. My son, D. I could build a house for him that would be only more dust in the end. Or, I could get down on my knees and pray for his salvation daily. I could pray that his salvation would lead others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Lord have mercy on us all.
I meant for this entry to be a light-hearted thought about the change of season. Somehow, when I sit down to write though - I feel there's really one conclusion worth making. I can't lay claim on any of the goodness in our life, still I am so grateful that His mercies are new every morning - and that includes pancakes!

1 comments:
Somehow I got bounced here from facebook. Great thoughts - I'm glad you shared them. I'll have to return here from time to time...
Post a Comment