Notes on my new site

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tricky Foods: Green Eggs

I've recently tried being tricky with vegetables and slipping them in David's food wherever I can. This is because we're in the 'throwing unacceptable food' and 'spitting out healthy food' stage. So, I am SURE I'm not the first to think of these tricky foods but, I am feeling quite triumphant here. If only for the sake of future reference I'm going to do a series of posts called 'Tricky Foods' as I win in the kitchen.

GREEN EGGS

Ingredients
2 Eggs
pinch of garlic powder (or fresh garlic if you live by an international grocery store that's practically giving this stuff away)
broccoli or spinach chopped (or if you have a magic bullet or good food processor throw all this stuff in there and blend until unrecognizable)
butter
cheese of any kind

Scramble eggs and mix in garlic and green item. Whisk or blend to death. Cook in a buttered frying pan trying to maintain 'whole' shape like making an omelet. Flip once and sprinkle with cheese.

Variation: if all you have is a big hunk of cheese, and if you have a blending tool - throw that baby in there and incorporate it with the eggs.

Now. This food does sometimes qualify as 'unacceptable and deserving of throwing' so in that case, put it on a baby fork and hand the fork to your little monster. If that doesn't work. Sorry, guess this wasn't tricky enough... add more cheese?

1 comments:

Cosmic said...

Way to go, sneaky! When i read this post i totally heard this kid's voice in my head: http://youtu.be/ct3KnfalfEI and put it at the 0:57 mark.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...