Notes on my new site

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Bienniel Treat

This past weekend was the Rogers Park Community Church Annual Women's Retreat and I couldn't be more grateful for the Lord's mercy on our women. We were back at Dickson Valley Retreat Center, one day and one night. After 4 years of retreating with some of the most down to earth and Godly ladies I've ever met, I should anticipate the humbling challenge of returning to my day to day without them. A weekend with sisters in Christ, worship and spirit filled teaching and discussion feeds my soul - and being on the leadership team that makes the event happen can make for a very sleepy Monday.

However, this time around, I was not heading back to an office on Monday. I was hanging with my kiddo, David - who was so well behaved after a weekend with Dad, I couldn't believe it. I did however fail to maintain obedience to the Lord in my spirit, and quick reverted to 'my house is a mess and I've got way too much to do' Laura. Right on time, my friend Kelly offered to take David that following Tuesday morning. I thought of a million things I wanted to do with those few personal hours - get work done, clean, sleep... and landed on the suggestion Kelly actually made herself - Pedicure.

If there's one place that an expectant mother can waddle into and feel like a princess it's 'Treat' in Evanston. And funny enough, last time I was there I was pregnant with David, not right off of Retreat 2010 - but celebrating my 26th birthday. Thanks to beloved inspiring friend Anne, Tripp had picked up a gift certificate as my birthday present.

Two years ago, I was in the same shoes — in the third trimester of pregnancy waiting on David. This year, I'm waiting on Judah.



In reflection of this day that felt so special to me, I'm reminded of women I love dearly who are waiting... waiting on marriage... waiting on babies... waiting on a answers to big or small prayers. This weekend Beth Moore taught in her study on 'Esther' that those who wait on the event will grow weary. Glory to God that he knew our weakness and tells us...

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31

I was also reminded this weekend that though so many of us ladies long for marriage and family, both of those desires WILL be met in our heavenly marriage to the Lamb of God. He will be the best Husband and Father that any of us will ever know. Glory to God that He hears our longings and plans to meet them perfectly in Himself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...