Notes on my new site

Friday, June 15, 2012

35 weeks, woohoo!

Today marks the 35th week of Judah's pregnancy and I'm feeling much more at peace with a possible 4-6 weeks ahead. Discussing a 39 week induction with my OB this Monday, which would seal the deal at 4 weeks. In the final days before David was born, I rang in a total weight gain of 37 lbs. for Judah, we've surpassed that and I'm still going strong!

To capture life before 2 children, I wanted to record the routine events of this morning. Waking up at 6:30, it was the 'summer' sun that stirred all 3 of us today. I heard a soft 'hi' come from David's room and responded with an winded hop up from the bed and to the freezer to heat up blueberry pancakes. Our fridge is almost empty due to end of week meal completion. Thank God for Dad buying tons of blueberries two weeks ago that contributed to plentiful packs of blueberry pancakes to freeze!

Tripp woke up while I prepped breakfast (not for him of coarse, he despises blueberries!) and came in for morning hugs. To which I said, "you know what would make me feel loved right now... If you got David up and changed his diaper." Opening David's door, he was greeted with a smile and the proclamation, "poopoo! I down!" I carried on in the kitchen and made coffee.

Before Tripp left and gave big hugs to David, I asked him to take a belly photo for my Auntie Cheryle. That's the photo here that I brightened and desaturated on my photoshop app so as to not look like a pink morning monster. I sent it on to my aunt with an explanation for the black and white appearance, knowing she'd prefer to see myself as I naturally, beautifully am. Oh family. In these last mega days, I'll do just about anything to retain some glamor!

Glory to God for His gracious outpour of mercy on our Grant family. I'm quietly sitting in our playroom writing while David watches his morning movie that happens to be Wallace & Grommet. These quiet predictable mornings are numbered. Pretty soon I'll be waking winded by exhaustion, recovery from birth and the burden of constant breastfeeding. Oh times are changing!

1 comments:

Jon and Clair Lee said...

Oh, Sweet Friend, I just loved reading this post. :) Can't believe it may only be 4 more weeks! We miss you guys and love you so much!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...