Notes on my new site

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Big bath boy

I'm sitting here with D during a major high-water bath time and feeling nostalgic about this familiar and changing scene. Just yesterday I was thinking about how David will almost be 3 and Judah 1 by the 4th of July this year. We're planning a trip to see family and friends in Nashville then. So many things, including the faces and skills of our boys, will be changed by then. Baby Olyvia Joy will be about 5 months old and making her mommy smile with hers. Seale, Cayte's sister will be anxiously awaiting the delivery of her first baby. Clare Weaver will no longer be a weaver but a Hendershot. Clair Lee will know the gender of her second baby, entering the world just a month from then. A dear friend I love but hate to see suffer will be refined and renewed. I won't be pregnant or caring for a breastfeed baby. And I will have finally experienced the cuteness of my little niece Aubrey as well as the grown-up & tested patience of my little sister, her mother.

I'm eager to cherish a one year old who drinks milk from a sippy cup and a 3 year old who sleeps in a race car twin bed. But thankfully till then, I can enjoy the littleness of now, during a whole lotta bath times. Oh darn, we don't bathe very much around here. Well then, I'll have to engage my cherishing during bed time reading and singing.







1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...