Notes on my new site

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Cutest Worst Cat

Monelle has been a part of our family since Winter 2006. We got her at a pet store in Taiwan after adopting and trying to care for two street cats that both died as kittens. So naturally, we became very attached to Monelle from the start.

Monelle's demeanor is fairly aloof and loungy unless she's hungry or attention deprived. In that case, she'll jump all over me at night or rub herself on friends that come over, especially our bible study root group. It's as if she's saying, 'you don't give me attention, so I'm going to bug your friends for it.' Normally, her cuteness wins her lots of rubs and pets.

Because of Monelle's aloofness, I felt we needed a second cat, specifically a snuggly kitten to bond with. That's when we decided to meet friends in Indiana, halfway to their home in TN, to pick up little Leona. She was little, sweet and climbed our furniture like a tree frog.

Once Leona made herself at home and grew a bit, I started noticing cat pee on almost every rug we owned. As well as cat pee on any cloth item left on the floor, like a t-shirt or towel. Immediately, I pinned the offense on Leona. I assumed that since it was newly occurring, it had to be the newbie.

Last November, I took a shower and Monelle was also in the bathroom lounging. I laid down the rug, which we keep hung over our shower rod to keep from being peed on when not in use. I thought, 'oh, it's just Monelle, I can lay the rug down before the shower.' Stepped out to find CAT PEE on the RUG!

Mystery solved, Monelle is the cutest worst cat ever. We had poor Leona in the vet's office multiple times to solve her peeing issue. We contemplated returning her to her previous owner and finding a nice 'farm' for her. Now I understand why Leona was always the one near the peed on cloth trying to 'bury it' or smell it to figure out what it was.

I write this post today because yesterday, I picked up a folded pair of pajama pants from a clean laundry pile on the living room floor only to discover Monelle had marked it. I tell you, that girl is so darn sneaky I could JUST!

2 comments:

Chelsey & Taylor said...

Oh my gosh - it was Monelle this WHOLE time!?!?

Cosmic said...

What a stinker! But bless her heart, she's like a firstborn child that used to have you guys all to herself and now doesn't want to share you with Leona, David, and Judah. Nonetheless, she owes Mark an apology; she peed on his messenger bag one time and Leona got in trouble for it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...