Notes on my new site

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heigh ho...

It's off to work I go! I would like to thank everyone for their prayers for my return to work, the Lord is good!! 

Day 1: David woke up right on-time at 6am and was fed and out the door with Tripp by 7:15am. My enormous coffee and I made it out the door not on-time by 8:20am. (Thank you to my dad and sister for lending us a car so that I can drive to work and have extra time in the morning!) With only 30% staff in the office, we celebrated one of my long-time coworker's last day with company lunch and cupcakes. After lunch, I received a precious text from my friend and babysitter, Norma. It was David with a big smile sitting in his bumbo with the message, "Happy Boy!" My heart ached to be with that happy boy, but pressing on I was so thankful that he was doing well for my dear friend. By the afternoon,  I was reminded quickly how I enjoy life in the art-department with my super laid back design bud. We tackled a few projects, and the day quickly sped by.

Day 2: David got out the door a little earlier, getting into the routine easier. Yet, I somehow got to work even later. Took the morning time after the boys left to work out and felt refreshed even from just 20 minutes of elliptical. In the office today I was able to clean up and get organized. Still only 30% staff in, which has made for an low-keyed and quiet return to work.

On my drive in yesterday I savored the new sense of freedom in going back to work. I'm enjoying this new time of flexibility to run errands and go out to lunch with friends here at work. Without hesitation, I would trade that freedom to be with David. Trusting God's providence, I know He has orchestrated the path of my life and David's and we are right where we need to be. I couldn't be more thankful for my dear friend Norma, and all you dear friends and family for your encouragement and prayers.

3 comments:

Cosmic said...

You're already hitting the gym on your second day back at work??? You really are Super Mom!!

Hana said...

I am so thankful for God's provision in every detail of your return to work!

Moving Forward said...

Yay! Sounds like it's been a smooth transition so far. I'm thankful for you. God is so good and knows exactly what we need. I love you, Laura!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...