Notes on my new site

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A shout out to whisperer!

I would just like to take a moment to thank Tracy Hogg, author of Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems, for her assistance in making my first few weeks at work somewhat worry-free. My dear mom friend, Katheryn, observed crying David at an early age and suggested I pick up this book and consider a 'routine'. Best advice of my life, which lead to the best relationship with an author I could ever imagine. I love this woman. I'd hug her if I met her. David's routine is predictable and includes a good amount of napping. Even when the unpredictable happens, it's not a matter of bad mommy or angry baby, just developmental adjusting. Going throughout my day at work, I've glanced down at the clock and been comforted knowing that David's doing just what we worked on in his routine. I tell myself that I'm still there 'mothering' him in routine and food choice. It's the little things these days.

Interested in seeing David's day? I thought it would be fun to put his schedule up here, have a look:

2 comments:

Christina said...

Wow 3 naps!! You are so fortunate! My second one has taken 1 nap for as long as I can remember...ha!

So glad to hear the transition back to work has been going well! It does help to know you aren't missing "too much" in a way...

Grants said...

Yes, good point Christina! The guy sleeps so much, I'm really only missing about 5-6 hrs of awake fun when I'm at work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...