The LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?' Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son." But Sarah denied it, saying, "I did not laugh," for she was afraid. He said, "No, but you did laugh."
- Genesis 18:10-15 (ESV)
God is always speaking if not audibly, in his word. He speaks promises... and I laugh at them. I laugh with worry and distrust of him. This little banter between Abraham, Sarah and God just tickeled me this morning. I can just imagine my own exchange - "Tripp, I didn't worry about next year's finances." (thinking I was hiding something from him and God) God, "No, but you did worry about next years finances." And then... just like Sarah had Isaac as promised, God will take care of next year's finances.
0 comments:
Post a Comment