Notes on my new site

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The difference a sister makes


I never used to refer to my girlfriends as 'sisters' until I met Clare Weaver. She would always sign emails, 'love you Sister!' And I always felt so touched that she referred to me as a sister. Having a younger sister, the title denotes a world of responsibilities and commitments. I often have the feeling about my sister that we'll make it through thick and thin. Through the good times and through the bad, no matter what - we will be sisters.

When Clare called me 'Sister,' it actually changed my entire perspective on friendship. One of Clare's spiritual gifts is serving. So, as I was redefining friendship to 'sisterhood' I also observed that service and self sacrifice accompanied. In thought, I could name many dear sisters in my life, near and far. I thank God for you.

Clare got married two weeks ago, Saturday, April 26th, and it was a rich time celebrating my dear sister with fellow members of God's family.
Talk about sisters, I love these women.

I never used to refer to my girlfriends as 'sisters' until I met Clare Weaver. She would always sign emails, 'love you Sister!' And I always felt so touched that she referred to me as a sister. Having a younger sister, the title denotes a world of responsibilities and commitments. I often have the feeling about my sister that we'll make it through thick and thin. Through the good times and through the bad, no matter what - we will be sisters.

When Clare called me 'Sister,' it actually changed my entire perspective on friendship. One of Clare's spiritual gifts is serving. So, as I was redefining friendship to 'sisterhood' I also observed that service and self sacrifice accompanied. In thought, I could name many dear sisters in my life, near and far. I thank God for you.

Clare got married two weeks ago, Saturday, April 26th, and it was a rich time celebrating my dear sister with fellow members of God's family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...