David is growing steadily out of this 18 month (yes, he's 30+ months) clothing and passing them right down to Judah. He's filling out his size 7 shoes and using the words 'thank you!' and 'please?!' more and more. His language in general is most developed around subjects that he loves like fruit snacks, Harper's house, bath time and fish, and Judah's behaviors and needs. Oh and 'Moomies!' David can't get enough of movies these days. After pregnancy and newborn time with Judah, I bent all rules of movie watching to give myself a break and therefore David is well versed in the lives of Big-bird & Elmo, Gullah-gullah, Pokoyo, Little Bear, Kipper, Wonder Pets, Nemo, Princess Aurora, Lady & the Tramp, Horton, the Lorax and of coarse Super Why. Wow that is a long list.
With David, I've always looked forward. Infancy was so tearful for him, I remember looking forward to nap times and bed times. Then when he'd sleep, Tripp and I would talk about how cute he is and what neat things he was doing. We'd savor his little person whenever we got breaks from comforting or entertaining his little sensitive spirit. I have really looked forward to this stage of expression and thoughtfulness taking shape. He is becoming more and more of a joy to be around and watch. He plays so intensely with his animal figurines, it brings back memories of my 12+ years with Barbie. As usual we have to help David keep balance with boundaries, especially when they involve play hammers and Judah. It's just that right about now, I'm feeling ready to freeze time. To slow the clock and keep him how he is. Then again... it is nap time. Oh, but how loveable this wild man is...
1 comments:
awww david. This one is really sweet :)
Post a Comment