![]() |
| latte of my dreams |
I've had an interesting thought today as I did, praise Jesus, finally sit down for prayer and scripture memory review with lukewarm drip coffee. Is there something else I'm adding to the goal of morning quiet times that is not from the Lord? What upsets me more on a day that I haven't met with the Lord, lack of peace so I can feel better, or lack of time with Him?
People, I cannot even meet with the Lord without seeking to gratify my flesh. I cannot even open my bible with a pure heart that cries out to Jesus out of an untainted desire to just simply love him. It would be the same as making a coffee date with a dear friend with the ulterior motive of connecting so I can feel better about myself. And, that dear friend would know I did that.
Now, let's take a look at how good our Savior is. Here is the passage I'm committing to memory:
Psalm 90...
9 For all our days pass away under your wrath;
we bring our years to an end like a sigh.10 The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty;yet their span[c] is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.11 Who considers the power of your anger, and your wrath according to the fear of you?
12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.13 Return, O Lord! How long? Have pity on your servants!14 Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, and for as many years as we have seen evil.16 Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.17 Let the favor[d] of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!
The Lord knows of my need for gladness in the morning and all day. He knows, He forgives, and He POURS Himself out for me. Have pity on your servant today Jesus, satisfy my broken heart with your steadfast love. Meet me for coffee, know that I don't love you as you deserve, pay the bill and sing over me. Wretched woman that I am, you JESUS are gold.

0 comments:
Post a Comment