Notes on my new site

Monday, October 21, 2013

A weekend of answered prayer

Prayer has not been a notable priority in Tripp & I's relationship from the start. When we were dating in college, we each favored very different worship and prayer styles. I remember struggling so badly with social anxiety that I would lay on the floor of my bedroom crying out to God for internal transformation. I know Tripp had a passionate prayer life but couldn't tell you when or where it happened. We did pray together for friend's to be healed, wisdom on future and over food. However, for us both having such a strong belief in the power of prayer - we were ripe for change and leading in this area.

I would say our first year of marriage set much change in motion, but not yet in a good way. Setting aside alone time to cry out to God seemed awkward and therefore I remember more time spend reading quietly. Again, we prayed for food, for people and healing.

In moving to Rogers Park, and landing in Rogers Park Community Church, we were both able to press a reset button on our relationship as one in Christ. We followed leadership, glory to God, who prayed a lot. Prayer was first in the hearts of our leaders and it became first for us. Finally.

This weekend, Tripp and I both anticipated a lot of challenges. In addition to two very poignant church meetings, Tripp was preaching on Ephesians 5:22-33, 'wives submit to your husbands...'. We prayed as worries presented themselves.

But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness. -Psalm 69:13

Hear my prayer, O Lord; give ear to my pleas for mercy! In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness! -Psalm 143:1


By Sunday afternoon, Tripp and I were celebrating the faithfulness of our God. He listened to the cries of our hearts, though we were not prostrate on the floor, and honored the prayers of His new creations at Rogers Park Community Church. Kids Club, our children's ministry, will be lead well and the covenant partners will be taking it upon themselves to prepare budget details for 2014. Tripp was able to look back over the day and also give God glory for the most positive feed back he's received yet for a sermon. Glory to God for answering us in His righteousness.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...