Notes on my new site

Friday, October 18, 2013

Pregnancy helpers

Yep, it wasn't easy.
At the end of Judah's pregnancy I recorded this list of actions and 'things' that helped with pregnancy
round #2. I'm seeing that I forgot to post it, but feel it's still good material and may be helpful to other mama's out there.

I'd like to thank all the friends who have lent their helping hands and pregnancy gear that helped me through the harder days of belly vs. toddler.

Helpful Friends...

Lent me their maternity pillow
Listened/Celebrated/Lamented/Texted/Chatted with me every at every stage
Arrived early to Root Group to help prep and lend their husband to play with David
Stayed late after Root Group to clean up
Babysat David so I could go get a pedicure 
Washed dishes
Carried and changed loads of laundry
Babysat David during worship practice so I could stay put
Threw me a "Last Hoo-rah! Diaper party for Judah"
Organized a meals for mom sign-up
Brought their toddler over to play with David while I got mom-chat-time
Dropped by lasagna leftovers
Played with David while I did laundry, sewed
Treated me like I was exhausted, even when I tried to pretend like I wasn't


Helpful Things...

1. Maternity Pillow
2. Celestial Seasonings Herbal Teas (specifically Lemon Zinger) as a decaf option
3. Sweet Petula Mediterranean Mint Butter Balm for belly
4. Craigslist boxes of plentiful maternity clothes, one stop shopping
5. Coconut water, or boxes of healthy drink options for on the go

I think there must have been more helpful things I found, but this is where the list ends. Maybe with round #3, it'll grow.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...