Tomorrow morning at 5am CST and I'm watching! I would have let the event pass by if not for an enthusiastic coworker who nostalgically remembers watching princess Diana's wedding in her pj's and sleeping bag. She's rallying the women of the office to wake up early and experience the royal wedding live with the morning coffee (LOTS of coffee!). She had me at, 'come on, not every day does a common girl marry a prince!'Another office friend and I were just discussing, 'what is it about girls and princesses?' Well, as I consider my childhood dress up and tiara days, I can say I wanted to be royalty at an early age. Thankfully, I met my prince when I was 4 on the carpet steps of my house. He's grown with me, and I've actually found out He's a King. But for some reason, he's still interested in me as His princess, and I get to go to his castle some day. Won't be televised, but there's going to be a lot of people there!
If you're up with me tomorrow morning, I'd love to hear from you! Comment on the dress, the ring, the prince or the princess!
Wedding viewing grocery list:
Coffee + fancy coffeemate creamer
Donuts
Yogurt (for protein to get through the morning)


3 comments:
This whole week as i've been listening to all the hullabaloo about the wedding, i thought to myself, "no way am i waking up early to watch it!" But now you have me convinced! A royal wedding is like one of those meteor showers that only comes around every 30 years. The problem is, now that i'm all gung-ho to watch it, i don't have tv! And i have to leave for work at 6am. Maybe you could tape it for me??
I love what you wrote, Laura. Very cool. I remember Charles and Diana's wedding. But I'm not getting up that early to watch it because it will probably be replayed over and over again on tv. You almost got me to do it, though. My biggest concern is security. With an event such as this, with the entire world watching, well, it is the kind of scene terrorist feed on.
So . . . what did you think??? Did you love the dress? I did! I have some other opinions too but i want to hear your thoughts first!
Post a Comment