Tripp and I had been attending RPCC for just a few months. We were so enamored by the friends and quirky acquaintances we were finding among our christian brothers and sisters there. I believe Tripp knew of Cathy's brain tumor after walking by or being a part of a prayer meeting asking God for her healing. I knew Cathy as the woman who stood in front of me during worship with one hand wrapped around her little baby girl and the other lifted high in praise. For multiple Sundays we happened to sit behind them. And for multiple Sundays I could hardly sing because that woman just brought tears to my eyes. I think I even told Tripp that if we sat behind them again, I just wasn't going to sing.
My heart was broken by Cathy's unabashed praise because I knew her days may be numbered with that beautiful baby girl and she praised Jesus regardless. I was so humbled standing behind a woman in trial singing 'Forever You are faithful, forever you are strong, forever you are with us, forever...' Oh goodness, things haven't changed. That woman still makes me tear up.
I wanted to write this post just a day after her death and new life with God in eternity because as a mother, I don't know how she did it. I do know she did it with lots of tears, I saw those too. I guess I could also determine that she did it with LOTS of PRAISE! In the fiery trials of life, even in those that lead to death, blessed be the name of the Lord. He was my beginning, He WILL be my end.
Job 1:21 (KJV)
Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.
" Dear Brothers and Sisters of RPCC,
Tonight I received a phone call from our dear brother, Jason Ng. Earlier today because the condition of his wife and our dear sister, Cathy, had become even worse as she remained in a coma, he and her parents decided that she needed to be taken off the life support. Before doing so, her mother dressed her up very nicely! Shortly after she had been taken off life support, praise the Lord that she looked beautiful and peaceful as she went to be with our wonderful Lord Jesus! Consequently, Jason and her parents were really comforted to see her leave this world in that way! Glory to God that she is now rejoicing in the presence of the Lord forever!
Please pray for the Lord to continue to abundantly comfort and strengthen Jason and her parents due to their heavy loss! Thank you very much!
Love in Christ,
Pastor Scott "
2 comments:
Beautifully written, Laura.
Laura - shortly after you returned you Chicago, you told me about this woman and I cried at your telling. What a legacy she left to a complete stranger - me! How much more so to those who knew her well.
Post a Comment