There is a Beth Moore video session from her study on Esther that gave light to the verse Isaiah 40:31:
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
She was asking the Lord for a closing thought to tie up sesson 5 on Esther Chapter 5 where Queen Esther is waiting for the right time to ask the King to spare her people, the Jews, from a horrible decree he issued to have them all killed.
The lesson brought us here...
Wait on the Lord. Wait on Him. He is at work in your waiting. DO NOT WAIT ON THE EVENT. Our strength WILL be depleted if we wait on the event, but waiting on the Lord WILL renew our strength.
Glory to God our Most High!
"To Those Who Wait"
I am waiting on You,
I am waiting on You.
You say You’re good to those who wait.
My heart’s discouraged,
So I come to You expectant.
You say You’re good to those who wait.
Lord, today You know what I need to do,
But You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You.
Oh, wretched man that I am!
Free me from my distractions.
You say You’re good to those who wait.
Then confession and repentance
Find me in the quiet.
You say You’re good to those who wait.
Now I know You’re good to those who wait.
Lord, today You know what I need to do,
But You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You.
Oh, my soul,
Wait upon the Lord.
Keep your lamp filled with oil.
Oh, my soul,
Be not deceived!
Wait for Him.
Don’t be quick to leave.
Lord, today You know what I need to do,
But You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You.
Returning after a pause
-
Hello reader. I've taken a much needed pause from freelancing and I'm happy
to write that it's time to get back to work. During my break, I did squeeze
i...
10 years ago
1 comments:
Amen
Post a Comment