Notes on my new site

Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day Owls/Bats

This weekend, we were lucky enough to have dear friends and fellow blogger Hana and her husband and baby boy visiting from Wisconsin. Thanks to whiteout snow conditions, we got to have an extra day with them and one big snow day weekend. Weeks ago, we had discussed taking on the potterybarn owls as a diy on the cheap. Our fabrics combined, we each made and owl (see green/blue owl on right) which ended up looking more like a bat. That's David's owl. Then handy friend Clair, and fellow blogger, joined us and sourced a helpful pattern. Grace's girly owl (see pink/brown on left) is totally adorable for my totally adorable niece. If you have a few paper sized scraps of fabric, use this pattern and give it a go! (I added triangle cuts out of the pupils, made them slightly smaller and added a white pupil piece behind it.)

2 comments:

Hana said...

What a snow day (or should I say weekend)! We had a blast...and your owl for Grace is the cutest thing EVER! (Well except for our babies of course.)

Anonymous said...

These are really cute!!! I'm honestly quite impressed and jealous. I want to make one.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...