Joined by the usual suspects, new babies and new loves, our thankful friends and family stretched two full tables. Having cooked a lot of the sides prior (and baker-square catered dessert) Mom and Dad were able to focus on the turkey and it was INCREDIBLE. Thanks to Ina Garten and her inspiring use of truffle butter, that Turkey was the best yet. Normally, I'd be restricted be restricted by David's aversion to dairy, but the boy is cured and I enjoyed everything to the point of stomach ache.
Aside from eating, the
This holiday was also marked by David's first meeting with his Aunt Cayte and Uncle Jacky. I've never seen him warm up to a person so much as his Aunt Cayte, but since I believe they share the same eyes, that's just expected! Cayte and Jacky blessed us with 5 days of time together and whole lot of laughs.
This was our niece Grace's first thanksgiving as well, and she just gets cuter by the holiday. We're a growing bunch, making this holiday more joyful than ever. Also, mom has a new Keurig which Tripp and I both feel is the bomb.
0 comments:
Post a Comment