I came across this delicious photo and recipe for a kale apple smoothie on realsimple.com but created a 'what I had in the kitchen' rendition this morning. I'm pretty proud of my rendition and wanted to share because I think this might be easier - and could possibly inspire your own rendition.
About 1 cup of kale leaves removed from stalk
1 apple slightly peeled and cubed
Remnants of a left over fruit salad (mainly pineapple)
1/2 c. water (enough to blend)
Mix and blend until as smooth as possible. Consistency is like thin apple sauce, so drinking through a straw is more appealing.
I have a good feeling that you could basically blend anything with kale like a pear or a plum and achieve a delicious and healthy smoothie.
Now bonus, David liked it too.
Returning after a pause
-
Hello reader. I've taken a much needed pause from freelancing and I'm happy
to write that it's time to get back to work. During my break, I did squeeze
i...
10 years ago

1 comments:
We're going to try this one foh sho'! The BabyGirl is not much of a breakfast eater, and usually scoffs at the oatmeal i try to force upon her, so i'm in need of a new strategy.
Post a Comment